the card came out very lovely, but after i took the pictures of it, and uploaded them to my computer, I noticed that I forgot to adorn the center of the flower with anything. So, today I put a gem in the center and took new pics. The card looks more complete now! I'm very happy with how it turned out, and I know the recipient of this card will love it, too!
Here is a sneak peak, read more below the link to see the full card! :)
So, did that sneak peak intruige you? It must have if you're reading this!
So, here are all the supplies I used to make this card. the adhesives and the gem isn't shown in the pic...
So, on this list is:
- Sizzix Big Kick
- Cricut paper trimmer
- Stampin' Up! En Francias wood mount rubber background stamp
- Stampin' Up! Hostess Stamp set, Happiest Birthday Wishes (stamp is from case 2 of this 2 case set)
- Stampin' Up! Top Note die
- Tim Holtz Tattered Floral die
- Martha Stewart Floral Vine border punch
- Versamark embossing ink pad (I have the big and embossy shown, but that isn't what I went with after sitting down to start the card)
- handmade embossing buddy
- Zig white embossing powder
- Miss Elizabeth's "Outre" DSP
- Purple bazzill cardstock
- Blue textured cardstock
- Brown textured cardstock
- White textured cardstock (for card layer)
- Georgia pacific plain white 110 lb cardstock (for border punched birthday sentiment)
- Stampin' Up! Classic Lavender Lace inkpad
- MY Homemade glimmer mist in colors of silver and purple
- Adhesive: Glue glider pro gun and perma-tac adhesive, glossy accents, zots
- Prima sheer ribbon
- Stamp-a-majig (not shown, I forgot to grab it when gathering supplies)
and here is the card
I added the ribbon and tied a bow, securing the back of the ribbon to the backside of the top note shape.
next I border punched the white CS (non-textured) and then stamped the sentiment on the clear sheet of the stamp-a-majig and made sure it was where i needed it on the border punched CS and then stamped the image in the lavender lace ink. I adhered the top note shape to the card base and then attached the sentiment strip to the top note. I added 2 small zots to the center of the bow making sure to hold it down on the cs.
I ran small pieces of white, purple and blue cs through the big kick with the tattered floral die. I only used these 3 flower shapes instead of all of them because I didn't want a real thick flower. I spritzed them with my home made glimmer mist (silver and purple) and then quickly shaped them while they were wet. I used zots to hold the layers together.
I am quite pleased with how the card came out. it did take me a couple of hours to do this card because I kept getting side tracked, as always. LOL
here is the card on it's back so you can see the dimension it has.
Keep on Scrappin', and please, be kind to one another!