Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Banners and Butterflies... Oh My!

Hey there, thanks for coming to visit me. I hope you've looked around a bit and seen what I've been working on lately! I told ya, I've been busy craftin' over the last few months.

So, I got these fuzzy butterflies from a friend in a bot of card making goodies that she sent me. the butterflies are really cute. I had to find just the perfect card to make with them. Something that wasn't too embellished to where it would take the focus off the butterflies, but something that had enough and didn't look plain.

Here's what I came up with... click below to see all the details and close up pics.




So here are the cards... I made 4 total. I wish I would have had more butterflies, I would have made more! and I don't know where my friend got these, or who makes them, so sadly, I can't even buy more.

 The butterflies originally came with 4 gems on them, 2 at top of wings and 2 at bottom. I ripped all the gems off, because they were the same color as the butterflies, and I put on gems that would coordinate with the colors of threads that I was using on the cards.
On this card I used the Hampton Art Ditto IC0177 "Circles" background stamp. I stamped it in SU! Rich Razzleberry and then I used my SU! Decorative Label punch to punch out a piece.
I used SU! Tempting Turquoise to stamp the sentiment from the SU! "Itty Bitty Banners" set, and then ran it through the Sizzix Big Shot with the coordinating die for the stamp set.
The "thread" is the packaged "Friendship Thread" for making bracelets and stuff, it can be found in the kids craft section at walmart. Each package has 36 Skeins and 17 different colors. It's just like cross stitching thread, but a little thicker.
 The other cards below were made the same way, just with varying stamps. The background stamp used for this Decorative Label punched piece is Fiskars "Circles of Fun" border stamp.








The stamp used on this card for the background punched piece is Fiskars "Polka Dots" border stamp




 Well, that's all I have to share for this post. I hope you enjoyed looking!
Come back soon because I do have some other stuff to share.

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...