Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I'm not LION, I think you're great!

Hello again, here for another post... I know there has been a lot today. I'm trying to get everything posted that I've made over the last few months that I just didn't have time or energy to update with.

Here is a really CUTE Lion card I made. It's a TAC (The Angel Company) stamp set, T1046 "Lion". Here's a sneak peek, click below to see the full card...






So this card is similar to the little "sweetness" birdie cards I posted earlier today. Similar in terms of the general layout of the card.

Here's a full view of the card. Isn't it just SO CUTE?!?!?! :D

 Here's a sorta close up. I colored the lion with SU! Blender Pens along with SU! Chocolate Chip and CMTH Desert Sand inks. I used some Stampin' Write Markers to color the flowers.
I know I didn't do that awesome of a job on coloring, but my blender pen was literally on it's last few strokes. it went right in the trash when I was done with this little guy. :( But, I think the coloring makes him look "fuzzy" like a lion really is. LOL I don't know, maybe I'm just more delusional than I think? haha I mean, it did take me forever to cut him out with a craft knife, I thought I was going to be cross eyed by the time I was done, haha
 Like the birdie cards, I used the MFT Die-namics "Feathers and Arrows" die to make the little flags at the top, and the arrows surrounding the circle the lion is on.
The flowers are Prima mulberry paper flowers. I didn't have any orange or yellow brads, so I used the TH Alcohol Ink to color this brad.
 I stamped the sentiment and little flowers from the same stamp set (the Lion one) and then punched out the card stock with the SU! Decorative Label punch. I tied some friendship thread into a cute little knotted bow and there ya have it!
 The inside is stamped wtih the sentiment from the Lion set, along with some more flowers in the corners.

Well, that's it for this card, I really hope you liked it. I had a BLAST making this one. I really do like doing fun and whimsical things. I've been told my cards are "too childish", but in all honesty, as my blog story says, I'm a Kid-at-heart, and I won't ever grow up!!! :)

I hope YOU have enjoyed looking at my creations today. Have a good one and come back soon to see what else I've made. :)

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...