Monday, May 12, 2014

My Mini's! Cards that is...

Hey y'all, well I said I had a lot more to show you, and that I'd update again soon...bet ya didn't think it would be 30 mins from my last post though, huh? LOL

So over the last few months I've made a TON of mini cards. This post is dedicated to those cards.
Here is a Sneak Peek, click below to see the rest...





So first up is my Mini Elegance card set. I made 12 of these mini's. They are 3" x 3" in size.



 Here is a side view... I used the foam dementionals to pop up the punched sentiment piece.


 I used the SU! "Elementary Elegance" stamp set to stamp the background image. I used Versamark and Recollections "Snow" (white) embossing powder to heat emboss the image.
On this card, I used a Studio G mini stamp set for the senti. The senti was just stamped on white cardstock in SU! "Wild Wasabi" ink and then punched out with the SU! Curly Label punch. I then used the Martha Stewart 3-in-1 Butterfly Punch and punched out some butterflies. I used the small ones, and covered them in "Diamond" Stickles. On this card, I used a small gem with some Glossy Accents (it's BEST for a long lasting hold) to attach it just above the "i".


 SU! "Elementary Elegance" was also used on this card for heat embossing the background image and to stamp the Hello senti. Again, another butterfly covered in "Diamond" Stickles for some bling.
the inside of these mini cards are blank.
**********************************************************************************

For my 2nd set of Mini Cards, I did some Birthday cards. Since I was on a roll of doing the "girly" cards, I figured I should really make something that can be given to guys, as well. So, that's where the birthday cards came in with some fun colors!

These birthday mini cards are 4" x 4" in size and I made 6 of them.



as you can see from the 2 pics, for each color, I put the scalloped circle on the opposite side of the card. I use the nestibilities die to make the scalloped circle cut. and for the sentiment I used the SU! "Itty Bitty Banners" stamp set and coordinating dies.
 to make the cute little flags I picked out some fun matching papers and then ran 2 of the plain colored card stock through the Sizzix Big Shot with the "Swiss Dots" embossing folder.
I used staples to attach all the pieces of the flags together, but also it helps create the illusion that the flags are attached directly to the card, when they are really just held on with a few glue dots. It has to look like they are attached in some way otherwise they would just look like they were floating there. LOL
For the inside of the card, I stamped the small Ice Cream Cone from the Snag 'em Stamps line of imaginisce, and also from that same line, I stamped the mini Happy Birthday. I used some markers to color the ice creams, and to also just add some sunburst lines around it so that it didn't look so plain.



Well, that's it for these 2 sets of mini cards. I hope you enjoyed looking! Please come back soon because I have 23 other projects to post and share. :)

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...