Monday, May 12, 2014

Thinking of You and Hi, Hello! 6 Cards

Hello again! I'm doing a small post to show y'all some more cards I made... this time they have a "Thinking of You"  and "Hi, Hello" theme to them.

Click below to see.

So here they are...





For these first two Thinking of You cards, I used the Sizzix Framelits "Floral" set. Stamped the flower and then die cut it through the Big Shot with the coordinating flower die.
I then stamped the sentiment on the card stock.


 I just curled the ends of the flags up so everything wasn't so flat.
 I used glossy accents and traced over the hearts, the chevrons and dots on the flags, just to give it some dimension. I also used Stickles over parts of the flower. I think it turned out great!
This is the same card, just different colors and paper.
 again, I put Stickles on this flower as well, and I used glossy accents on the dots of the flag, the chevrons and in the middle of each flower on the deco border strip
 side view, curled up the tails of the flags here, too.
For this set, I just wanted something clean and simple, and of course, quick.

 I used SU! Rich Razzleberry and Tempting Turquoise, along with an outlined flower. I don't know the brand name or the name of set of stamps, I got them used at a yard sale.
 Same ink used here. For the sentiment, I used the thinking of you sentiment from the K&Company-Amy Butler "Lotus Greetings" stamp set.

I forgot to snap a picture of the inside...but I did a little cluster of flowers in the bottom corner, but that's all. just so that there was plenty of room to write inside. I'm really big on actually filling out cards inside... while some people are ok with just signing their name, that just isn't for me. I like to be personable.

 For this Hello! card, I used the QuicKutz "Sugar Cookie" alphabet die to cut out the letters for "hello!"
I used the CTMH "It's Your Day, Constant Campaign" stamp set to stamp the dots and chevrons for the flags.

 The flower is from American Crafts "Color Set 3" flower layered embellishments. I had the spare piece of checkered chipboard, so I added the flower on top of it with a glue dot for a good strong hold.
 this card is blank inside.

 For this "Hi!" card, I used a glittered punch out. I don't know the brand, I got it from the bargin cups at my LSS (local scrapbook store). I also got the flower from there. Can't beat either of those 2 pieces for .25 cents each!
 I made the flags the same way as the last card, and this card is also blank inside.
A corner punch to round the corners and a little ink distressing on the edge finishes this card off nicely.

Well, that's my post for now, I hope you enjoyed my cards. Come back again soon, because I still have tons of other creations to share!

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...