Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Oh Deer! Christmas!

Here are 3 mini cards that I made for Christmas! Click below to see the pics.



I had a LOT of fun making these cards. Though, I must admit, for some reason, for me, making 'mini' cards is more difficult and time consuming than making regular sized bigger cards. :-/ I don't know what's up with that!


 CARD 1:  For this card, I went with green and purple for the 2 main colors. I used silver embossing power for the reindeer and heat embossed it. I love how gorgeous it came out!


The inside of the card is SO cute, you can see a full pic below.
  I heat embossed the reindeer on white cardstock and then cut it out with a circle Nestability and then matted it on top of a scalloped circle cut with nestabilities on Glitter cardstock. It's difficult to see the shimmer of the glitter, but it's there!
 The mini sentiment was stamped with a "single" 'merry christmas' stamp from a Prima mini Christmas stamp set, # 550998 in Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip ink. I stamped it once and then I just stamped it again. I used a tiny bit of silver Stickles to dot the 'i' in the sentiment.
 Here is the inside of the card. I inked the edges with Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip ink and then I used a mixture of Stampin' Up! Lovely Lilac, Ballet Blue and a Colorbox Silver shimmer ink to make the snowflakes tri-colored. The snowflakes are from the Inkadinkado Christmas Characters.
**Note: I did the inside of all 3 cards the exact same.


 CARD 2: For this card, I went with teal and pink for the 2 main colors.
 Again, I used silver embossing powder for the reindeer, which is stamped from the Elegant Christmas stamp set from Hobby Lobby 2012 Christmas line.
 I put the reindeer circle on top of pink glitter cardstock!
 The sentiment is double stamped and then punched from the Stampin' Up! Curly Label punch and inked with Stampin' Up! Tempting Turquoise. I used silver Stickles to dot the 'i' in each sentiment stamped.

 CARD 3: This card is laid out the same as the previous 2 cards; however, I went with gold embossing powder from Tim Holtz, and I layered the circle on top of white glitter cardstock.
 I thought that the green and purple were very pretty colors with the gold embossing powder!
 I did the sentiment the same as the 2 cards above; however, I used gold Stickles to dot the 'i' in the sentiment. The inside of the card is the same as the above 2 cards.

Well, that's it for these 3 mini cards! I know for sure that I'll be making more of these this year for Christmas, because they are SO fun to make. I think they pack more of a punch than the larger cards, and they don't take up as much space on people's wall, mantel or wherever they put their Christmas cards. :)

Thanks for looking, come back soon, I'm going to work on another post right now with more Christmas cards!

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...