Thursday, February 4, 2016

Catching up some more...3 Halloween Cards

Hiya! I'm doing an awesome job on getting my blog updated with past craft projects that I just didn't have time to post when I did them. I'm still quite a bit behind, but I'm getting a lot done, very fast. I'm trying hard to get my Halloween projects posted so I can move on to posting my Christmas projects!

Today, I have 3 cards to show you, all from last Halloween. The cards were for the 3 kids of a friend of ours in Kentucky. The kids loved the cards, they never get anything special like this for Holidays (i.e. no handmade cards). It was a nice surprise for them!

Here are 3 sneak peeks, click below to see the rest of the pics!

Card # 1 Preview

Card # 2 Preview

Card # 3 Preview

**This is a VERY image heavy post. If you're on dsl or slow connection, please give the images a few moments to load!**

For card # 1, this was for our friends youngest daughter. I had actually made her a Monster High themed Halloween card, but somewhere in the mess of my crafting space I misplaced the card...of course, not even a week after I mailed these out, and cleaning my room up, I found the card! I will be sending that to her this year. Hey, one less card I gotta make!! LOL.

This card was a blast to make!

 The card has quite a bit of dimension to it. The sentiment on the front is popped up with 1/2" foam squares, the gems pop off the card, too!

 The image I used was a free coloring page that I resized in my photo program. I got the page from Here. I colored the image with prismacolored pencils and blended with gamsol (odorless mineral spirits). I used Glossy Accents on a few different parts of the colored image...the eyes of the purple bat and the star on the witch hat, the girls eyes, and the green goo and goo bubbles on the cauldron.
 After I printed the image I cut the cardstock with the Stampin' Up! Top Note Die. I cut a coordinating green piece of cardstock and layered it sideways with the image. After doing that I punched a hole in 3 corners of the image and mat and added 3 different colors of thread. It really gave some dimension to the image mat and it made it look like it was sewn onto the card base.
 I added 2 foam glitter bats to the image mat, they are from The Paper Studio. These bats are SO much fun to use, that's why they were added to so many of my Halloween projects!
 I used some cute Halloween printables for the sentiment.
 Here, I added a couple more of the glitter bats and a few green gems to tie in with the colors on the witches dress and the image mat.
 On the inside I used 1 more printable and the BOO! is a thick sticker.



Card # 2.
This card went to our friends son. I thought this was a cute one for a boy. The base of the card is orange cardstock. I ran the front of the card through my Sizzix Big Shot with the Spider Web embossing folder from The Paper Studio. I used black shimmer edged ribbon and that is wrapped around the whole front and inside of the card and then tied into a knot.

 The vampire is a clear stamp from Imaginisce. He is stamped in Memento. I wiped the line of his mouth off and the drop of blood under the fang before stamping, and then restamped those 2 parts in red. I colored the small part of his shirt peeking out in orange and his shoes in purple (with prismacolored pencil). I put glossy accents over his eyes.

I cut the stamped image out with a circle from Spellbinders Nestabilities and then cut 2 coordinating scalloped circles in both green and orange and layered those underneath the image.
 On the inside I used a cute little printable image that I resized in my photo program, and then cut it out with my Stampin' Up! Decorative Label punch. I inked the edges and then attached it with 1/2" thick foam squares.


Card # 3
This card was for our friends' oldest daughter. I used the CTMH Wicked set to stamp the witch and the sentiment. I colored the witch with prismacolored pencils and then used diamond Stickles on her hat and dress.
I used purple cardstock and embossed it with the Spiderweb embossing folder from The Paper Studio. For the sentiment I stamped it in black and then fussy cut it out and also fussy cut some green cardstock to mat it on. The witch and sentiment were matted on the embossed cardstock.


 I used purple stripped ribbon at the bottom, but before attaching it, I used some glittery green fuzzy ribbon and attached it to the purple ribbon. It broke up the color between the purple ribbon and the purple embossed cardstock.
The "Oct. 31" is a sticker that I cut the white edge off and then I covered the whole sticker in glossy accents to give it some dimension. after that dried I tore apart a Halloween medallion embellishment from The Paper Studio and glued the "Oct. 31" on top of that and glued it onto the ribbon.

 On the inside I used my Studio G "SPOOKTACULAR" bat stamp that I got out of the $1 bin at Michael's. I used Colorbox catseye inks for the word and black memento ink to stamp the bat. I colored the bat wings in with a zig marker.

 Here is the card on its back, you can see that the ribbon, fuzzy ribbon and "Oct. 31" medallion that I created has a lot of dimension to it! :)


I hope you liked these 3 cards! I had a lot of fun making them.
Be sure to check back soon, I'll have more posts/updates to share with you!

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...