Thursday, February 4, 2016

Still Catching Up...Sharing more Halloween Cards

Hi there! I'm still trying to play catch up on all the blog posts that I'm behind on. Here are 2 more Halloween cards that I had made.

Sneak Previews, click below to see the full pics!

Card 1 preview:
Card 2 preview:



So for Card #1 I had to make it for a guy friend of mine. I didn't want it to be girly, which is kinda hard for me, because honestly, I have a very difficult time making masculine cards. My friend really likes owls so I decided to use the Inkadinkado Halloween Owl that I used on a few other cards (see previous blog post).
Here's what I came up with...

I really love the bat paper I used. it makes the card cute!

 There is a lot of dimension to this card!

For the owl, I stamped it in Tuxedo Black Memento ink. I colored him with prismacolored pencils and I colored the moon with a silver Colorbox metallic inkpad. I just used one of my Stampin' Up! Blending Pens (that pen is now ruined--I use only for coloring with that inkpad!). On the eyes, I did a lot more shading. I used Glossy Accents over the eyes to really make them pop.
For the sentiment I used only the word from one of my Studio G wood stamps that I got from Michael's in the $1 bin. I used Catseye inks to ink the stamp in alternating mixed colors of green and purple.
The owl is cut out with a circle from Spellbinders Nestabilities and then mounted on a scalloped circle from the coordinating Nestabilities set.


For the bottom half of the card I used some black thread and attached 2 buttons together. I cut the shank off the back of the candy corn button and hot glued it to the purple button after running the thread through it's holes.
I made 3 small flags and held them together with 2 silver staples. I love using staples to hold mini flags together, it always turns out so cute!

 For the inside I used some heavy duty cardstock stickers and layered them. I love how they turned out! They had more of an edge to them, so I just fussy cut the edges off because I wanted clean edges.

That's all for this card! The recipient loved it! I'm glad he did because it took me forever to do this card because I was having such a difficult time coming up with the layout.

Here's what I did for Card #2.
This card was for a friend of mine and hubby's and her significant other. I didn't have as difficult a time with this card because it didn't matter if it was a feminine card, since it was going to ladies anyhow.
For this card I used 2 stamps, I used CTMH Wicked and a cat stamp that I don't know the company of.

The cat stamp is a 3 step stamp, that is, there are 3 stamps to it, each stamp being a different layer of the cat. On the orange cardstock, I used a chevron background stamp and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. For the cat, I just used the 3rd layer stamp. I stamped it in versamark over the heat embossed chevron background and then heat embossed it in black. I used 2 red raindrop shaped gems that I put on sideways for the eyes. It's hard to tell in the picture, I couldn't get a good enough pic without it flashing back. But trust me, it really does look WICKED!!


This card has lots of dimension, too! I popped the sentiment up with 1/2" foam squares!

For the bottom of the card I made a bow with the stripped ribbon and then I tied this cute pumpkin stamp around the bow with some thread. I attached the bow with a few glue dots and glossy accents.

Trying my hardest not to be so messy with the Glossy Accents I added some purple sequins. They fit so perfectly and match nicely with the bow! The lacy border is bordered washi tape that I got at Dollar Tree! I got 3 yards of it on one roll, for $1. That's a great deal!!! This was the first card I used it on, and I actually haven't used it since.
The sentiment is from the CTMH Wicked stamp set. I stamped it in black and added 2 small black gems and I also put some Stickles along the scrolling lines. After stamping it, I cut it out with one of the dies from the Sizzix Framelits--Frames with Sprigs set.

I didn't do a sentiment on the inside, but I did use more of the washi tape.


I hope you like the cards I made. I'm working hard on getting my list of blog posts caught up. Be sure to come back and check again soon for another post, I've got lots more cards to share!!

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...