Monday, August 26, 2019

Flower and Flowers-Oh My!

So, I have a few more cards that I was able to make from the Make & Take card kits that my SU! Demo, Jeanette sent me. These turned out so cute!
I was a bit confused on the 2nd one because of the folding, but had I not been so tired I think I'd have got it the first try. It literally took me FIVE tries of folding the card to get the idea of what the card was supposed to be when it was done. LOL
I'm often times easily confused, but this was just an embarrassment! Thank goodness I wasn't at a crop, I'd have felt like a big dummy!

Anyhow, click below to see the cards

This first card was just the die cut flower, leaves (she sent 3 but I only used 2) and the sentiment stamped on the die cut shape tag and of course the card base and deco paper.

Jeanette had all 3 of her die cut leaves on the other side and then her flower on the right side. I changed it around and only used 2 leaves and moved them around.
I colored the flower with my SU! Blender marker and 2 different shades of pink and 2 shades of green. I also inked the edges of the Hello sentiment tag.

 In addition to inking the edges of the deco paper, I also added 3 sequins in the top right corner. They are silver and shine so bright when the card is moved around. It adds that extra something to take the eyes off all the flowers.



For this 2nd card, this is the one I speaking about it taking me FIVE times trying to figure out how to get the dang thing together! I honestly don't know why I had such a hard time with it because I make Box Cards at least 2-3 times a year, I just don't know how this one became so confusing for me. Thankfully, her video for her Make & Take was clear and I just kept going back and watching certain parts over and over again.

It is meant to look like a "flower box". It turned out SO cute.
She included the wood grain stamped cardstock, the piece with the stamped sentiment, the daisies and the small bunch of flowers.

I added some pink Stickles to the pink flower petals so that it would look like some dew on the petals.
I also added 3 pink gems under the sentiment.


 I added this pretty pink butterfly to add some pink to the top of the card. I added a yellow gem (thought it looks clear in the picture--it is yellow) to the middle of the butterfly and I added a little bit of clear Stickles to different parts of the butterfly. Kinda hard to see in the picture, but it sparkles so pretty when holding and moving the card.



Well, that's all for this post. Come back soon, I have a few more cards to share.
Thanks for stopping by! Comments always welcome. :)

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...