Monday, August 26, 2019

Whewww, Behind on posting-Here's a few cards!

Hey there y'all. I know it's been SO very long since I last posted, but life has just gotten in the way in every single way possible, so I've not been able to update So, here are a few cards I made.

My SU! Demonstrator has her own FB group and she does Monthly "Make & Takes". She sends out envies with the basic supplies to make a card or two (usually 2). The kits include the base for the card, any mats, decorative paper and the stamp images (which we have to color ourselves unless it's something like a flower stamped in Color ink). 

With the Make & Takes, Jeanette doesn't expect us to make the cards exactly how she makes them, so I changed the placement on a few cards and also added some extra embellishments (which she also doesn't mind--what she sends is basically just for a quick card, but we can embellish them however we want to).

Anyhow, click below to see a few cards.
This first card is from the April 2019 Make & Take. It's such a cute beach themed card, but the theme is SUBTLE! At first glance, other than the chair, one wouldn't think of it as a beach scene, but if you look at the colors in the background, they stack to make a sunny sky, the water and the tan sand. I don't know if this is what Jeanette was going for, but I'm pretty sure it is. I placed my branch and flowers differently than she did, and I love how it turned out. :) So cute! Also, the chair was just plain white and kinda hard to see against the white background so I used my SU! Soft Suede marker to outline all the parts of the chair.

 It's kinda hard to see, I couldn't get a good pic of it, but I added a touch of Star Dust Stickles to the middle of each of the cherry blossom flowers. It sparkles so nicely when the card is moved. Adds a nice little touch of something extra.



For this 2nd card, it's from the June 2019 Make & Take. I'm posting these 2 together since they kinda have the same relaxed theme. 
Jeanette cut out the gold foil cardstock and embossed it with clouds. I colored the guy and his chair with my SU! ink pads and my SU! Blender marker, so kinda like water coloring. I made sure to pay close attention to detail when coloring and did the proper shading on his shorts and shirt.




And here is one that turned out really cute. I love the DSP she sent with the mushrooms, so cute! Immediately reminds me of Alice and Wonderland and eating different things and all the mushrooms. LOL I don't know why my mind went there, it just did. 



For the bow, Jeanette sent one small strand of baker's twine. I cut a small piece off and wrapped it across and around the edges of the white cardstock and then with the tiny bit of twine left, I made of my famous miniature bows and adhered it with some Glossy Accents. It is a REALLY small bow! each loop is about the size of the nail on my pinky!!! So yeah, very small.


I love the Make & Takes Jeanette puts together. Such quick and easy cards to do! Usually I do the inside of cards as well, but I didn't do anything to the insides on either of these cards.

Thanks for stopping by to check out what I've recently done. I have a few more posts to make so be sure you come back soon to check them out! 

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...