Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving...with Mice?!

Hey there y'all. Thanksgiving is almost upon us. I don't usually make actual "Thanksgiving" cards, but more along the lines of Fall/Autumn themed cards because Hubby and I are Pagan and celebrate Mabon and harvest instead of the actual Thanksgiving holiday. But, we do have family and friends who celebrate what they feel is a proper "Thanksgiving". Sure, we spend the day cooking, and visiting with family and friends as everyone does, but the meaning of Thanksgiving to us is quite a bit different than what others think and feel about the day.

Anyhow, I made this adorable card for Thanksgiving. Click below to see the card.

So, this card turned out CUUUUUUTE!!!
I got the mouse and sentiment from a swap in my stamped image and die cut swap group. I colored it and put this card together and I can't believe it actually came out how I pictured it. Not too often does a card come out exactly how I pictured it to be!


I colored the pie to look like pumpkin pie. I left the top white to represent whipped cream. I used my silver gel pen to color the mice' spoons.

I did 3 layers of patterned paper and I had to use some bakers twine to pull it all together, as it was a little boring without it. I used brown and orange.
I thought the leaves behind the sentiment were a cute thought and made it not so plain.
I was torn on whether or not to add gems to the top corner, but I decided to just go with it, after all, they do match the sparkly silver spoons.


On the inside I just inked the edges of some white cardstock and used my always grateful stamp in the corner.


All in all, I'm super stoked at how adorable this card turned out!!!
I have finally gotten my mojo back and I'm extremely happy about that. So, come back soon and check out what else I have to share. On a card making kick right now, and about to jump into October and make my 1st Halloween card of the season. YAY!!! My favorite!
Thanks for checking it out.

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...