Friday, April 3, 2020

Hummingbird Birthday

My Ma's birthday is this month so I had to come up with a card that's just pure beauty. Seems that all the women in our family love hummingbirds, so I decided to make her this one.

I have made a similar card in the past for my Grandma (RIP). On the SU! Top Note die cutout I did emboss resist. I clear embossed the flowers in the left top corner and then went over the whole piece with my felt tool in a light blue. I stamped the flowers on the right and colored them.
I stamped the bird on a scrap piece of cardstock and then fussy cut it out and added it to the card with 3d foam dots. I colored the flowers on the right with assorted SU! inks and my blender marker.

I thought it would be lovely to add some sheer brown ribbon and of course, pearls to tie it all together as something elegant.


I put this sentiment on the inside.


Well, what do you think? I really love how this turned out. I need to use this set way more often than I do!

Come back soon to see more because I've got a lot more to share!
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...